As a member of one of our experience-sharing peer groups for Legal Leaders, you get access to a professional international network.
- Benchmark your company (organization, strategy, best practices, opportunities)
- Reflect in-depth on common challenges and gain new external perspectives to solve them
- Get practical and actionable solutions to solve your specific problems/priorities
- Understand the business transformation and the true mission, value & future of the legal department
We connect, share, compare, make each other better, and ensure that we all increase performance/efficiency/simplicity and save time.
The members of this peer group are General Counsels, Chief Legal Officers, Heads of Legal and VP Legal working for large companies with headquarters or large offices in Belgium and with an international reach
We ensure a good mix of industries creating a diversity of perspectives and a richness of innovative ideas for you and your company.
No consultants and no sponsors are allowed, and we avoid direct competitors (unless it is a common wish)
Topics of interest
With the help of the chair, members select and prioritize the topics of interest they want to deep-dive into during the year. They discuss on the strategic level. Some topics could be:
- Organization of the legal department in a complex international matrix organization
- Digitalization of law; AI in Law; How can technology leverage legal work?
- Leadership: How to attract, engage, develop, motivate and retain people within flat organizations? What are the future skills and attitudes needed?
- The expanding legal scope and the evolving role of the GC/CLO
- How to position the legal department as a strategic business partner? How to get a better overall business understanding? How to get closer to the customer?
- On-going pressure on legal budgets, increased reliance on technology and “right-sourcing”
- Compliance: how to organize the function and where to locate it? How to cope with the increasing compliance burden?
- Trends for external lawyers as well as in-house lawyers. How to select the best & reasonable law firms?
- Knowledge management
- Culture, engagement, virtual/remote teams
- Global trade restrictions/sanctions, local content, anti-bribery and corruption, emerging markets
- Contract management
- And many more + what keeps you awake at night.
Top 10 reasons to join EGN
EGN is a professional network of peers that provides an exclusive opportunity to work in depth with your personal leadership skills, strengthen your professional toolbox and gain new insights for the benefit of yourself and your company.
As a member of EGN, you get access to:
A worldwide network of peers
We offer a trusted, worldwide network of peers with a shared ambition of making each other better - every day.
Tailored Peer Groups
Your peer group is assembled by our experienced networking consultant, ensuring that it matches your management level and professional discipline.
This is an online community of 14,000 experts and it features a global query function, in-app messaging, virtual EGN groups and a major e-book library with approx. 200 titles.
Expert meeting design
All peer groups are facilitated by our experienced and continuously-trained EGN Chairs.
Besides the ongoing coaching from your network peers, we offer one-on-one coaching sessions for top executives as part of our Accelerator Programme.*
* Not available in all markets.
In Between Jobs Scheme
If you lose your job, you can continue your membership for a year, while you use your network to find your next career path – and for a further 12 months for a modest fee. Additional In Between Job services are available in selected markets.
Grow with the Network
As you develop professionally, your needs may change. As a member of EGN you can at any time change to another peer group that better matches your career challenges and needs.
Exclusive Events & Seminars
Events and seminars are conducted in all markets to engage, learn and grow within and across the established peer network.
As a member of EGN you get access to our thought leadership insights, which include e-books, learning tools, articles, member best practices and much more.
EGN acts as a support network for your entire business, giving you benefits that include upskilling of your key employees, insights into the latest market trends and tools, as well as access to a confidential 'board of advisors’ via each EGN group and a global pool of 14,000 experts.
How much does a membership cost?
An EGN membership varies in price, depending on your locality, seniority and the specific benefits applied to the EGN Group.
Our Network Advisors can help you find the right group based on your managerial level and professional needs.
Enter your contact info here and one of our Network Advisors will get back to you.
How does the peer group network work?
With the support of a professional network, you get the opportunity to exchange experience on a high professional level, strengthen and develop your own skills within management and specialised areas.
As a member of EGN, you get direct access to Top Executives, Business Leaders and Specialists in most parts of the world via our online Members’ Universe where you can ask questions, join debates and network with more than 14,000 other members.
Your personal EGN group represents a confidential forum where all ideas and challenges can be discussed with peers at your own, professional level. To ensure confidentiality, no competitors or significant customer relationships are allowed in the same group.
All our peer groups are managed by a professional and experienced EGN Chair, who facilitates and mentors the peer groups, ensures output both at and between meetings and focuses on your professional and managerial development.
We also offer events and seminars, networking tours, an Between Jobs Scheme, mentoring programmes, CEO coaching and much more.
How do I become a member?
You can apply for membership by filling out this form
When we have received your application, you will be contacted by a Network Advisor for a more in-depth interview to find the right peer group for your managerial level and/or professional need.
All candidates must be approved by both the Chair and specific peer group members before joining a group. This is done both to match relevant peers and also to avoid private friends, customer relationships and competitors being placed together in the same network group and to help facilitate honest and fruitful discussions.