Heads of Legal
As a member of one of our experience-sharing peer groups for Head of Legal, you get access to a professional international network.
- Benchmark your company (organization, strategy, best practices, opportunities)
- Reflect in-depth on common challenges and gain new external perspectives to solve them
- Get practical and actionable solutions to solve your specific problems/priorities
- Understand the business transformation and the true mission, value & future of the legal department
We connect, share, compare, make each other better, and ensure that we all increase performance/efficiency/simplicity and save time.
The members of this peer group are General Counsels, Chief Legal Officers, Heads of Legal and VP Legal working for large companies with headquarters or large offices in Belgium and with an international reach
We ensure a good mix of industries creating a diversity of perspectives and a richness of innovative ideas for you and your company.
No consultants and no sponsors are allowed, and we avoid direct competitors (unless it is a common wish)
Topics of interest
With the help of the chair, members select and prioritize the topics of interest they want to deep-dive into during the year. They discuss on the strategic level. Some topics could be:
- Organization of the legal department in a complex international matrix organization
- Digitalization of law; AI in Law; How can technology leverage legal work?
- Leadership: How to attract, engage, develop, motivate and retain people within flat organizations? What are the future skills and attitudes needed?
- The expanding legal scope and the evolving role of the GC/CLO
- How to position the legal department as a strategic business partner? How to get a better overall business understanding? How to get closer to the customer?
- On-going pressure on legal budgets, increased reliance on technology and “right-sourcing”
- Compliance: how to organize the function and where to locate it? How to cope with the increasing compliance burden?
- Trends for external lawyers as well as in-house lawyers. How to select the best & reasonable law firms?
- Knowledge management
- Culture, engagement, virtual/remote teams
- Global trade restrictions/sanctions, local content, anti-bribery and corruption, emerging markets
- Contract management
- And many more + what keeps you awake at night
Top 10 reasons to join EGN
EGN is a professional network of peers that provides an exclusive opportunity to work in depth with your personal leadership skills, strengthen your professional toolbox and gain new insights for the benefit of yourself and your company.
As a member of EGN, you get access to:
A worldwide network of peers
We offer a trusted, worldwide network of peers with a shared ambition of making each other better - every day.
Tailored Peer Groups
Your peer group is assembled by our experienced networking consultant, ensuring that it matches your management level and professional discipline.
This is an online community of 14,000 experts and it features a global query function, in-app messaging, virtual EGN groups and a major e-book library with approx. 200 titles.
Expert meeting design
All peer groups are facilitated by our experienced and continuously-trained EGN Chairs.
Besides the ongoing coaching from your network peers, we offer one-on-one coaching sessions for top executives as part of our Accelerator Programme.*
* Not available in all markets.
In Between Jobs Scheme
If you lose your job, you can continue your membership for a year, while you use your network to find your next career path – and for a further 12 months for a modest fee. Additional In Between Job services are available in selected markets.
Grow with the Network
As you develop professionally, your needs may change. As a member of EGN you can at any time change to another peer group that better matches your career challenges and needs.
Exclusive Events & Seminars
Events and seminars are conducted in all markets to engage, learn and grow within and across the established peer network.
As a member of EGN you get access to our thought leadership insights, which include e-books, learning tools, articles, member best practices and much more.
EGN acts as a support network for your entire business, giving you benefits that include upskilling of your key employees, insights into the latest market trends and tools, as well as access to a confidential 'board of advisors’ via each EGN group and a global pool of 14,000 experts.