Heads of Legal
Members of this peer group:
The members of this peer group are General Counsels, Chief Legal Officers, Heads of Legal and VP Legal working for large companies with headquarters or large offices in Belgium and with an international reach
Topics of interest:
With the help of the chair, members select and prioritize the topics of interest they want to deep-dive into during the year. They discuss on the strategic level. Some topics could be:
● Organization of the legal department in a complex international matrix organization
● Digitalization of law; AI in Law; How can technology leverage legal work?
● Leadership: How to attract, engage, develop, motivate and retain people within flat organizations? What are the future skills and attitudes needed?
● The expanding legal scope and the evolving role of the GC/CLO
● How to position the legal department as a strategic business partner? How to get a better overall business understanding? How to get closer to the customer?
● On-going pressure on legal budgets, increased reliance on technology and “right-sourcing”
● Compliance: how to organize the function and where to locate it? How to cope with the increasing compliance burden?
● Trends for external lawyers as well as in-house lawyers. How to select the best & reasonable law firms?
● Knowledge management
● Culture, engagement, virtual/remote teams
● Global trade restrictions/sanctions, local content, anti-bribery and corruption, emerging markets
● Contract management
● And many more + what keeps you awake at night
Interested to know more? Book an introduction call with Pia Hinz